Friday, March 8, 2013

Liebster Award

In lieu of my Fun Friday Favorites I am writing about the Liebster award today, yea!

Thanks to Shauna over at The Best Blog Recipes for nominating me for this award! Whoo hoo, so fun!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 

What is a Liebster?
The meaning: Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:

* Tell 11 random facts about yourself
* Answer the 11 questions the nominator has asked you.
* Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass
the award to and link them in your post.
*Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
*Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
*No tag backs.


Allrighty, so time to share some more about myself with you guys! (and you're thinking, "No Please! You share enough already!"... ahem.) 

11 Random facts about Summer:

1.) I drink at least a gallon of milk a week. By myself. Party of 1. (vitamin D overload)
2.) I wanted to be an artist when I grew up, then I realized they didn't make any money. Then I wanted to be a horse rancher, until I realized I know nothing about horses. Eventually, through some serious soul searching, I got my degree in business marketing. And now I'm a stay home mom and write a rice krispy blog. Go figure.
3.) I am not a big talker, I'd way rather listen in a big group setting. Thus I've been labeled as the quiet one my entire life, which I think is ironic.
4.) I love reading (nerd-alert, nerd-alert)
5.) I've always wanted to be really good at Yoga. So far I've attempted yoga classes about 5 times in my life and I give up every time. It just takes so long, 1 class is like an hour! But then about 6 months later I get the urge to try again. It's a viscous cycle.
6.) Begin able to do the splits has been on my New Years Resolutions list for about the past 10 years in a row now. This is my year.
7.) I don't really like watching movies. Gasp!
8.) My life goal is to be a judge on Iron Chef.
9.) I am a sugar addict. No seriously. I'm pretty sure I have dessert 7 days a week. Sometimes more.
10.) I hate eating on the go, in a car, when I'm doing something else... I like to sit down, with no distractions, and thoroughly enjoy my food. I'll put off eating until later if I have to.
11.) I am legally a foster parent. We weren't sure if we could have kids for awhile, so we started the adoption process about a year ago, and had to sign up as foster parents during the process. So if any of you are considering getting rid of your kids, I'm available (just kidding)



11 Questions from Shauna:

1)  If you had an afternoon to yourself (no husband or kids) what would you do with your spare time?

I'd go lay out by the pool or the beach and read

2) What's your favorite movie?
I don't really like movies all that much, but I'd say the Bourne Identity trilogy.

3) What's your favorite thing about blogging?
Being able to justify eating desserts as R&D :)

4) What's one thing you would like to accomplish in 2013?
The Splits. No seriously.

5) What's your favorite Food?
Ice Cream. Or Cereal. They tie.

6) What's your favorite restaurant and what do you order when you go there?
Souplantaion (aka Sweet Tomatoes). It's a buffet style salad bar place... so I eat everything

7) What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
Gosh I don't know... some of my rice krispy attempts? ;)

8) If your friends and family had to describe you using 3 words, which words do you think they would use?
Beautiful, Amazing, and Super Talented.... just kidding... maybe organized, active, easy going...?

9) What's one thing you couldn't live without?
My phone. I know how materialistic.... Ok fine, My family.

10) What is the best thing that has happened to you in the past week?
I made a cheesecake for my husband's birthday and it didn't sink, or crack, and it came out of the pan cleanly. It was a miracle!

11) What is your favorite quote?
“Faith in God includes Faith in His timing.”
― Neal A. Maxwell



Dun Dun Duuuunnnn... I'm nominating:
(***Ok, first can I just clarify that I've been very nervous to nominate anyone because I guarantee some of you have more than 200 followers... but I'm not technologically savvy enough to figure out who does... and I must be a crowd follower since pretty much all the blogs I read have like hundreds of followers... so anyhoo. That's that. Enough talking. I'm sorry if I nominated you and you have over 200 followers, I just think you're cool and should get an award anyways. Ok Back to the nominees):

1) Flavors By Four
2) Attainable Cuisine
3) Cookbook of Trial and Error
4) Teenage Cakeland
5) Eco Friendly Emily
6) It Bakes Me Happy
7) Pies and Plots
8) Unoriginal Mom
9) At the Corner of Happy and Harried
10) My Recipe Journey
11) Whistle and Ivy

And My Questions for them are:

1.) What are your hobbies or things you do in your spare time? 
2.) What is your biggest pet peeve?
3.) What's one of your favorite blogs of the moment?
4.) Salty or Sweet?
5.) What is a goal you have for 2013?
6.) How many kids are in your family?
7.) What is your dream job?
8.) What is the hardest thing about blogging?
9.) What is your favorite restaurant and why?
10.) What would your touchdown victory dance look like if you were in the NFL?
11.) What's your favorite season and why?

15 comments:

  1. Thank You for nominating my blog :-) This is my first time visiting your blog....I love it...and will be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Summer. Its great fun!
    Anjana @ http://happyandharried.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much...you made my day! I recongnize many of the other nominated blogs! I'm honored to be in the same list as them! And you know I've been to your blog many times because I'm fasinated with your creative recipes for Rice Krispy Treats! I still need to try the Doritos one! YUM! I accept your nomination and will be following through with it this weekend! I've got some homework to do with this one, but it will be fun! I loved reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Summer! This totally made my night. It so neat to know that there are other newbie bloggers out there like me that are doing so well at this...and that there are real live people out there actually reading mine! I love your blog, it is super cute...it is AWESOME that you have a blog devoted to rice krispie treats. They are my hubby's favorite, so I will for sure be trying out some of your recipes for him :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there's a lot of us out here. Love your blog too, so many fun ideas!

      Delete
  5. I am soo honored to be nominated! Thank you so much! Your blog is incredible as I said before and I'm touched that you liked mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dru - you deserve it! Your blog is so fun!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so, so much for nominating me, Summer! I can't tell you how much it means to me. I also love sugar and eat dessert as much as possible, hate eating on the go, and am dying to be an Iron Chef judge! I'm a total movie junkie though. Thanks, again, and I'll let you know when my post it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Laura! Can't wait to see your post-love your blog!

      Delete
  7. Hi Again Summer!

    I have completed my tasks for the Liebster Award!I enjoyed answering your questions! It was fun...thanks again for thinking of me for this award!
    http://myrecipejourney-lillian.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award! :)

    Thanks for joining the Blog Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...